Derma Sciences currently has several open trials looking to quantify additional beneficial properties of MEDIHONEY® dressings. Targeted endpoints include:
- The ability to penetrate biofilms in vivo (has already been demonstrated in vitro)
- The ability of to prevent the formation of biofilms in vivo (has already been demonstrated in vitro)
- The ability to regulate MMPs in chronic wounds
- The ability to diffuse into tissue
- The ability to rapidly debride slough and necrotic tissue
We also have several on-going case studies, looking into all things from reduction of MRSA in highly colonized wounds to improving the healing of otherwise recalcitrant wounds to odor reduction of malodorous wounds.
We strongly encourage additional testing of MEDIHONEY® Antimicrobial Active Leptospermum Honey dressings. Our goal is to have several studies to report on at next year’s 3rd Congress of the World Union of Wound Healing Societies in Toronto. If you have any ideas on trials or case studies you would like to pursue, please contact our Director of Clinical Affairs, Diane Maydick, at 609-514-4744.